Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tomorrow today

Okay, so it's been about a month since I wrote in this blog. Man, how time flies. It's been a busy month though. I made my NYC stage debut with a Hip-Hop musical called "Apple Turns to Cider".



It was a good play and good experience. Sometimes I wished I had a bigger role, but the story was what's important and the story is always bigger than me. So on that note, it was a good story and good production. Big up to everybody that made that happen. Let's see, oh, I also dug deeper into that acting class too. And it's a little deeper than I thought it was. Acting is such a way of life. You've got to be it. I wrote a little this month as well, but not as much as I wanted to. Time and energy would get small, as I was also practicing capoeira and my mandinga... jogo de dentro. Add business and work on top of all of this and I had a lot of things going on. Yet, I kept going on. I think it was a combination of wanting to challenge myself and allowing the universe to fully challenge me that gave me the strength, dare I say audacity, to keep on. It was rocky trying to meet all of these demands but I knew I wanted to meet them. So I tried. And I failed. And now it's April. So I'm trying again again.

Who knows what this month will bring? Who knows what any month will bring? All we can do live in the moments and pass each day with intention and purpose. The rest is up to the will of the greater creator. One thing I do know though, something that I have learned, is that the way forward is not behind you. Tomorrow looks more like you than yesterday does, yet yesterday is precious because you gave birth to it and are living with it now. But tomorrow? Tomorrow is your individual picture in the mosiac of all of life's image. Comparatively, that's small in the grand scheme of things, but it's yours all the same. The trick is that you can make whatever is yours as big or as small as you want it to be. It's all a matter of perspective, imagination, innovation.



I am going to stop writing here. Not because I feel like I made some point for readers to go away and think about, but rather because I just need to prepare for tomorrow (it's passed midnight and I have a full day's work waiting for me in a few hours). Either way, I didn't write as much as I wanted to last month and I just needed to get it back going again. I needed to get back in the groove with it, into the rhythm of all of my endeavors. I will try to post at least once a week now and stay on beat with that commitment. Until then, allow me to excuse myself here. Tomorrow is waiting for me....and I don't like to keep myself waiting.

Be well,

Chike

1 comment:

ablackjamesbond said...

One thing I do know though, something that I have learned, is that the way forward is not behind you...

...loved that!