Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Nu Book

A wise man told me recently, "Forget about starting a new chapter in your life. Start a new book....'cause things will never be the same again." I've taken these words to heart and I am living their truth day by day, moment to moment.

2008 was a character building year. I dealt with death (R.I.P. Aunty Chinwe), financial trouble, and uncertainty in my career and purpose. I also experienced new life through new works, financial recovery, and a extreme amount of clarity in my choices and future. I am thankful for it all, but I know things will never be the same again.

Moving forward, I recognize today is a new day, an opportune moment for me to be my best self. That self is different from who I was yesterday...and may be different from who I will be tomorrow. What I do know about that self is that NOW is the moment to be it. If 2008 built character, then 2009 is about living in that character's skin, to put it in acting terms. 2009 is about fully breathing and becoming that character. And with any character, there is a back story, a future, experiences, memories, a life that is built around him. There is a book.

Thank God for today, the yesterdays to come, and the tomorrows that have passed. Here is to a nu book. My story.

No comments: