Saturday, March 1, 2008

Is this movement for real?

Okay, so I haven't started the work for my job yet. Rather, I've been on the job for my work. Anyway, I just came across this video from The Miller Boys (Master P and Romeo, remember them?) on YouTube and was kind of taken back. Maybe I'm late, but Master P and his son Romeo are on some I'm fly but educated tip. After watching the video and doing some more research on their current happenings, I came to find out that this family has been trying to push this idea for a couple of years now. The product: Take a Stand Records (www.takeastandrecords.com). It's like conscious street music, not street conscious music. Is that what needs to be done? Brag about your billions while genuinely being about the children? Flash your bling but highlight you still shop at Walmart? Brag about how hot you are while actually getting your degree? I dunno. Maybe this approach, a less preachy but still teachy method, will spread and reach the masses. Maybe it won't. Who knows? All I know is that the Miller family from New Orleans is keeping it gutta but keeping it growing. Consequently, this video and The Take A Stand Records movement has inspired me enough to write and post about them. If you get a chance, check out Romeo's myspace at www.myspace.com/romeo and/or Take A Stand's myspace at www.myspace.com/takeastandrecords. Lol, bounce music that will make you take a stand!


Tell 'em who my people is (Animated Version)


(Official Video)

No comments: